Business use of VNC

Michael Milette tng "at"
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 20:22:55 +0000

Don't charge for the VNC software itself and I believe you should be OK. I
don't know how the license applies to custom packaging the software though
(after all, you aren't really changing VNC, just the distribution
mechanism). Check with James on this.

WARNING: Just keep in mind that there are issues relating to the Windows 9x
over a slow connection. After all, you wouldn't want to crash the PC of the
person you are in fact trying to help out. That wouldn't be good for your

At 02:42 PM 2001-06-14 -0400, you wrote:
>I've tried to find a posting of this in the archives and the faq but I
>can't find any reference to this so I'll go ahead and ask this
>question.  Also, I am not trying to offend anyone with this posting, but I
>want to make sure that I will not be breaking any rules or laws.
>Say that someone wanted to make a business that used VNC as a tool to help
>determine what was wrong with a customers PC and fix the problem through
>VNC.  Say also that they charged a fee for this service.  For every
>customer that was brought aboard for this service, the customer would be
>given an executable of VNC and they were also given a link to download the
>source files of VNC from the businesses servers.  Would this business be
>violating the GNU license in any way, shape, or form?
>Thanks for your time,
>Rick Heckadon
>To unsubscribe, send a message with the line: unsubscribe vnc-list
>to majordomo "at"
>See also:
to majordomo "at"
See also: