Business use of VNC

tiamat74@mindspring.com tiamat74 "at" mindspring.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 19:48:08 +0000

I've tried to find a posting of this in the archives and the faq but I can't find any reference to this so I'll go ahead and ask this question.  Also, I am not trying to offend anyone with this posting, but I want to make sure that I will not be breaking any rules or laws.

Say that someone wanted to make a business that used VNC as a tool to help determine what was wrong with a customers PC and fix the problem through VNC.  Say also that they charged a fee for this service.  For every customer that was brought aboard for this service, the customer would be given an executable of VNC and they were also given a link to download the source files of VNC from the businesses servers.  Would this business be violating the GNU license in any way, shape, or form?

Thanks for your time,
Rick Heckadon