firewall SOCKS https

Scott C. Best sbest "at" best.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:54:38 +0000

Gerard:
	Heya. I'd suggest not trying to work-around the
corporate firewall and SOCKS proxy, but rather to use them.
It's not optimal but...grab a copy of httptunnel, and setup
one side at work, and another side at home:

	http://freshmeat.net/projects/httptunnel/

	I had to do this to get SSH support, which my
company's IT staff refused to authorize. If you're not
adverse to compiling the application, it works rather
well.
	Good luck!

-Scott