firewall SOCKS https

Scott C. Best sbest "at"
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:54:38 +0000

	Heya. I'd suggest not trying to work-around the
corporate firewall and SOCKS proxy, but rather to use them.
It's not optimal but...grab a copy of httptunnel, and setup
one side at work, and another side at home:
	I had to do this to get SSH support, which my
company's IT staff refused to authorize. If you're not
adverse to compiling the application, it works rather
	Good luck!

> I am runnig VNCviewer on windows and unix at work ... and I wish
> to connect to my mac at home......
> However, I cannot get past the firewall, which has SOCKS https support....
to majordomo "at"
See also: