KDE2 under VNC: not a VNC bug

Bill Day billnix "at" abcs.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 02:12:41 +0000

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 06:31, you wrote:
> I have just verified that the KDE2 problems that occur under VNC
> (i.e. it crashes all the time) are _not_ to do with VNC.
>
> It can be reproduced under XFree86 with 'startx -- -depth 8 -cc 4'.
>
> The reason that VNC shows the problem up more often is that VNC's
> default visual in 8 bpp is different to that of XFree86.
>
> Tim.
> */
> to majordomo "at" uk.research.att.com

So what would I need to start the server with on linux to be able to pull
down a kde2 desktop on a winclient ont he same lan...  I can get it to launch
standard from an xterm using kde2, but any icon I click on crashes it
instantly.. I'm assuming this has to do with the same thing your talking
about....?

TIA,

--
  Bill Day     A.K.A.     BadMan