firewall SOCKS https

Miroslav Luptak luptak "at"
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 21:51:26 +0000

> This place is crazy... why we cant have a transparent firewall I dont know....
> but every protocol except HTTP and FTP are blocked. the sad thing is everyone
> else here seems oblivious to the fact that other things exists. Its like
> living in  pre-internet
> state or something...

If there is a possibility to run SSHD on your Mac, you could
use Mindterm to connect to the SSHD on your Mac and then
use ssh port forwarding for VNC. Mindterm is a Java SSH client
which supports HTTP proxy, perhaps your firewall would allow
using Mindterm. See

Miroslav Luptak
to majordomo "at"
See also: