firewall SOCKS https

Steven Stringham SStringh "at"
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:28:54 +0000

Did you try using your browser? The VNC server has a java client built
in - just point your browser to your machine and port like this:

This may work. I don't know about the https version of it though - it
will work for the http version - if it is not filtered in the socks

Good luck

>>> gerard.briscoe "at" 05:02:56 AM 06/13/2001 >>>
No, the ports arnt open andI cant get the IT group to open them. But I
can use
the SOCKS https support if I can find a vncviewer that supports it....

Is it possible to set the application to run over different ports... ?
hack the application)

billnix "at" "at" on 06/13/2001 12:16:01 PM
Please respond to vnc-list "at"
Sent by:	owner-vnc-list "at"
To:	vnc-list "at"
Subject:	Re: firewall SOCKS https

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 04:14, you wrote:
> I am runnig VNCviewer on windows and unix at work ... and I wish to
> to my mac at home......
> However, I cannot get past the firewall, which has SOCKS https
> I attempted to install the patch available in the contribs page, but
> is for version 3.3.1 unixsrc and I only have 3.3.3...
> Can ANYBOY help .... PLEASE !!!!!
> Regards

NOTE:  This message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering
the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to the sender of this E-Mail or
by telephone at (602) 262-5311.
to majordomo "at"
See also: