firewall SOCKS https

Steven Stringham SStringh "at" lrlaw.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:28:54 +0000

Did you try using your browser? The VNC server has a java client built
in - just point your browser to your machine and port like this:
https://mymachine.myhome.com:5800

This may work. I don't know about the https version of it though - it
will work for the http version - if it is not filtered in the socks
gateway.

Good luck
Steve

>>> gerard.briscoe "at" philips.com 05:02:56 AM 06/13/2001 >>>
No, the ports arnt open andI cant get the IT group to open them. But I
can use
the SOCKS https support if I can find a vncviewer that supports it....

Is it possible to set the application to run over different ports... ?
(maybe
hack the application)

Regards

billnix "at" abcs.com@SMTP "at" uk.research.att.com on 06/13/2001 12:16:01 PM
Please respond to vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com@SMTP
Sent by:	owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com