firewall SOCKS https

Bill Day billnix "at"
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 11:44:33 +0000

On Wednesday 13 June 2001 04:14, you wrote:
> I am runnig VNCviewer on windows and unix at work ... and I wish to connect
> to my mac at home......
> However, I cannot get past the firewall, which has SOCKS https support....
> I attempted to install the patch available in the contribs page, but that
> is for version 3.3.1 unixsrc and I only have 3.3.3...
> Can ANYBOY help .... PLEASE !!!!!
> Regards

As for the firewall, do you have the ports required for VNC open?  if using a
standard client(downloaded and isntalled) I think the ports ar 590# <-= The
pund indicates what Virtual Destop you are connecting too.  If you are
attempting to use the webbrowser I think its port 580#, again the # referring
to the Vrtual destop you ar connecting to.

  Bill Day     A.K.A.     BadMan
  RLU#188133     RLM#83358     #openlinux
  MicroShaft is the only company that introduces
  an OS that is worse than the one it replaces.
  5:30am  up 4 days, 19:08, 10 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
to majordomo "at"
See also: