WinVNC install shield does not start

Mark Flower mjflower "at" iinet.net.au
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:53:13 +0000

have you run the -install switch?

mark

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Dan V. Dougherty
Sent: Wednesday, 13 June 2001 3:10 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: RE: WinVNC install shield does not start

I exported the reg keys and imported.  I copied over vnc under orl to
program files.  I went under program files\orl\vnc and started
winvnc.exe and it is running.  I can access thru web browser from
another PC fine now.  The only thing left is that I need to run it as a
service.  When I started winvnc.exe it never prompted for an install.  I
would have picked as a service but I was never prompted.  As a result it
is not running as a service.  Please just clarify how to get WinVNC to
run as a service at this point?  Thanks. Dan.