VNC over W2K

Martin Løbger mal "at" intellix.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:02:02 +0000

Hi

I have tried to do exactly the same. And my conclution is (after many
hours):

	This does not work!

You have to install VNC physicaly sitting by the server, or using some other
remote control software (eg. pcAnywhere - this works, tried it!).

:o) Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: Carles Amigs [mailto:carles "at" inlander.es]
Sent: 12. juni 2001 18:39
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: VNC over W2K

Hello,

I need to install a VNC Server on a Windows 2000 Server as a service,
but I only could access to the server via "Terminal Server".

When I start the service, I cannot modify the configuration of the
display :0. The message error is: "No instance of VNC could be
contacted".

Can anybody help me?

Thanks a lot

Regards