linux vnc server from xinetd

Jaap de Wolff wolff "at"
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:19:07 +0000

In my previous mail I did not mention some things that might be important.

I want to autostart a vnc server session from a (linux) computer which has
monitor attached to it.
Vnc version is 3.3.3r2.
This computer has RH7.1 running.
This means it has an XFree 4.0.3 server, and a 2.4 kernel.
I did take a look to
adapted it for xinetd (instead of inetd), and yes, it started.
But when I started the vncviewer I got a grey screen.
Xdm is running on the machine.
Locally on this machine a 'X' server is running, and I can log in using xdm.
When running vncserver after I logged in, everything works fine.
I did read the xdm man pages, but I could not see what I did wrong.
Any suggestions?
(Maybe I have to adapt the xdm.conf file?)
Jaap de Wolff
Wolff "at"
New Bridges B.V.
Calandstraat 44