System Management Technologies' NT Domain-Security VNCProblem

Illtud Daniel illtud.daniel "at"
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:18:58 +0000

Ryan P. Casey said:

> From: "Bartel, Matt" <Matt.Bartel "at">
> > I am using System Management Technologies' (
> > version of VNC which provides for Windows NT domain security built native
> > into VNC.Ryan Casey wrote:

> This appears to be free.

Unless they've come to a seperate licencing agreement with AT&T [1],
it *has* to be free (free beer & free speech), as VNC is licenced
under the GPL. If you take the code, modify it & redistribute, you
*have* to GPL licence the result.

> Is there any possibility of incorporating the
> changes for Domain Authorization into the most recent version of WinVNC as
> an option?

It shouldn't be difficult, but I'm not volunteering...

[1] - I think AT&T could only relicence their *original* version
of VNC - after all, they don't own the contributions made since
it was GPL'd.

Illtud Daniel                                 illtud.daniel "at"
Uwch Ddadansoddwr Systemau                       Senior Systems Analyst
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru                  National Library of Wales
Yn siarad drosof fy hun, nid LlGC   -  Speaking personally, not for NLW
to majordomo "at"
See also: