Dr Watson with 3.3.3R9 - NT4 SP5/6 - multiproc hardware

Hamel Gilles - Brandt Commerce Gilles.Hamel "at" brandtgroup.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 10:55:53 +0000

We have some troubles with VNC server 3.3.3r9 on bi-proc hardware compaq.
VNC 3.3.3r7 works fine. The symptoms are already described in previous
thread, http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/archives/2001-05/0259.html :

============
Archive of vnc-list 2001-05: RE: Dr. Watson error on Win NT 4.0RE: Dr.
Watson error on Win NT 4.0 SP 6

We have a similar issue with WinVNC 3.3.3R9, running
on Compaq WinNT 4.0 server with SP6a, IIS4.0
Frontpage2000 extensions, MDAC2.6, Compaq NIC. We have
about 10 servers running similar configurations, and
had been quite happy with the previous version of
WinVNC 3.3.3(R3?).

With 3.3.3R9 Installation runs fine with the spiffy
new installation tool. We run VNC on an "as needed"
basis, so when we want to use it we go into NT server
manager and fire up the WinVNC server service. The
first time I used it it was fine, but after that I
would start the VNC service, then run the VNC client
and try to access the server. Normally the client
comes right back with either a "server not found" or
the server window. In this case you don't see any
dialog boxes for a couple minutes, and then it comes
up with a socket error message. On the server side you
see a Dr. Watson Error. Shutting down and restarting
the service doesn't help.

I deinstalled 3.3.3R9 and installed 3.3.3R7, and
everything is happy again, except for the fact that I
really miss the new cut and paste feature R9 added.

Looking forward to 3.3.4!

-Warren Beauchamp