vnc past past firewall and ip-masqing.

shea martin snowsquirrel "at" home.com
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 22:33:55 +0000

I would like to be able to vnc into my workstation with ip 'B'.  The problem is that my cable modem is connected to my other, old linux box, which is set up as a firewall and ip-masq (running 2.2.18),

with internal ip 'A', and external ip of 'C'.  My workstation then uses the old box as a gateway.

So how would vnc into my workstation via a computer at work, school, etc?  Is this even possible???  I have used vnc quite a bit before, but ip-masqing and firewall were set up for me by
'pmfirewall'.   So I really don't know where to start, other than to have the vncserver running on my workstation.