Push to Remote PC

Chris Kreis ckreis "at" asp.md
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 17:58:52 +0000

Hi Scott, see my message 2 before yours (CODE wanted...); looking for the
same functionality as are many; the "internal" version of VNC has it but not
the external! I did find some code about how to do it in the mailing list
archives;

here it is; I unfortunately don't know how to use it don't know if you do!

-----------------------------------
>I want to set up the Windows viewer to
>auto-listen for server startups.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. It is possible to set the viewer
to wait for incoming connections from the server, by running it with
the -listen option (see the docs).

What we don't include in the public version is a method of initiating these
connections from the server. We do it here using our CORBA infrastructure,
but there are various other ways it could be accomplished including, for
example, command line options on startup.

If anyone wants to add such a feature to the X server, look for the function
rfbReverseConnection. On the Windows server you'd need code something like
the following:

 VSocket *clientsock;

 // Create the client socket
 clientsock = new VSocket;
 if (clientsock == NULL)
  throw vnc::connectionFailed();
 if (!clientsock->Create())
 {
  delete clientsock;
  throw vnc::connectionFailed();
 }
 if (!clientsock->Connect((char *)address, port))
 {
  delete clientsock;
  throw vnc::connectionFailed();
 }

 // Ok, we've connected back to the desired client, now add it to the server
 vncClientId client =
  m_server->AddClient(clientsock,
       TRUE,
       teleport,
       capability,
       enableinputs,
       enableinputs);
 if (client < 0)
  throw vnc::connectionFailed();

If you manage to make it work I'd love to hear about it thanks Chris