vncserver fails

rick norman rick.norman "at"
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 23:05:52 +0000

My understanding of X configuration is not sufficient to understand
the err message I get when I try to run "vncserver".  I am running
FreeBSD 4.1 and have installed the port as it comes from the cd.
My X system is up and seems to work fine using the afterstep window
I was able to use this same system a few days ago with VNC with no
Suddenly I am getting the following err message when I run "vncserver".
"xauth: (argv):1: bad display name "" in "add"
The machine and domain are correct so I don't get it.  The message that
shows up
in the .vnc log is "_X11TransSocketINETConnect: Can't get address for
Any insight and help is appreciated.
to majordomo "at"
See also: