VNC with Zebedee

Wallendahl, Michael/SEA mwallend "at" ch2m.com
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 16:56:41 +0000

Why don't you post both your zebedee configuration logs and the command line
you run when you try to connect?  That will help us figure out what's wrong.

Incidentally, if you are running the zebedee server on the same machine as
the vncserver you want to connect to, you will need to enable loopback
connections for VNC on the server -
[http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/winvnc.html and look for "AllowLoopback"
]

I just got zebedee up and running and it has a bit of a learning curve.  :)
My layout is pretty simple, with only two machines in the picture.  Sounds
like you may have more computers in your setup.

-Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Bartel, Matt [mailto:Matt.Bartel "at" qg.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 6:29 AM
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'
Subject: VNC with Zebedee

When I attempt to connect to the Zebedee server with the client, the only
error I get in my logs is the following:

zebedee(266/215): 2001-06-05-16:37:06:  waiting for client connection
zebedee(266/215): 2001-06-05-16:37:07:  accepted connection from 127.0.0.1
zebedee(266/215): 2001-06-05-16:37:07: ERROR: server refused request for
redirection to titan:443

The name of the box I am running the Zebedee server on is named Titan, and I
am attempting to connect to it on port 443 (on Titan).  I believe this error
is due to my misconfiguration of the Zebedee client-piece.  Could anyone
tell me how to fix this?

Thank you!
-Matt Bartel