Killing the server on Windows 98

Scott Dunn sdunnlinux "at"
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 23:08:37 +0000

I've done two installs on Windows 98 and I've noticed that on both
ocassions, server icon does not show up on the system tray.  So I try to
find the application by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL, but there's no obvious
sign of the application.

The install was done by running the setup program and then installing
the default registry settings.  Then I run VNC as an app.  At this
point, I would expect a new icon to appear in the system tray (works in
win2k, but not win98).

1.    How can I make the icon appear on the system tray?

2.    If there is no system tray, how do I kill the server so that
people cannot attempt to access the computer?

Thanks in advance.
to majordomo "at"
See also: