OS X I.E Explorer Problems

Bill Chin bchin "at" mdimension.com
Mon, 04 Jun 2001 22:52:12 +0000

The Java built into Mac OS X works great for stand alone applications,
but the applet embedding stuff still have a ways to go. The newest IE
preview does have better support and some things now work, but it's
still spotty. Expect to have another Java update soon, probably around
MacWorld Expo July. Until then, don't expect more than simplistic Java
applets to work - it's a bonus if they do, but more often than not they
don't work quite right yet.

Mozilla is available for Mac OS X, but the JVM integration part isn't
there yet either. See http://www.mozilla.org/ports/fizzilla/

The latest VNCThing does work pretty well. Of course, I'm partial to my
client, VNCDimension. However, I still have a ways to go before
VNCDimension 1.0. You can give it a try, however, at
http://www.mdimension.com/Community. You can, of course, run the
standalone 100% pure Java VNC viewer too.

..Bill Chin
M Dimension Technology