OS X I.E Explorer Problems

Tim Senecal tsenecal "at" denverpost.com
Mon, 04 Jun 2001 22:29:57 +0000

Guys,

Try using the "Applet Launcher" Application from the Utilities folder under
Mac OS X.

I think you will find that it also has major problems as far as screen
refresh and other things.  I think it has real problems with "copyrect"
encoding.

because of this, and the fact that I don't have the same problems with
other tools capable of running the java viewer, I am pretty sure it has to
do with Mac OS X's java implementation.

I have found that if I disable copyrect encoding, things behave and look
much better.

I personally have not found a web browser on Mac OS X that works right with
the Java VNC viewer.  the one that comes closest is OmniWeb, but its
keyboard handling is completely futzed.

Tim