OS X I.E Explorer Problems

Jonathan Morton chromi "at" cyberspace.org
Mon, 04 Jun 2001 21:02:35 +0000

>Error 1
>The VNC Screen doen't fit in the browser.  If I maximize the browser, I get
>a Java runtime error.
>
>Error 2.
>Doesn't always repaint the whole scrren  Some times only does a patchwork
>of screen painting.
>
>Error 3
>Get I.E. fatal error when leaving a VNC site.  Stops I.E 5.1 and I have to
>restart.
>
>Error 4.
>VNCThingy halts midway in a screen refressh.
>
>Servers are Caldera e-Server 2.3,
>NT 4.0 Service Patch 6
>Windows 98.
>All systems work for Linux clients and Windows clients uling I.E.  4-5.5
>and Netscape 4.7-6.0

It sounds like someone needs to redirect the question at Micro$oft, and
perhaps Apple (depending on whose JVM is in use).  Java is, after all,
supposed to be a "crash-proof" (har har), cross-platform (write once, debug
everywhere in practice) system...

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
big-mail: chromatix "at" penguinpowered.com
uni-mail: j.d.morton "at" lancaster.ac.uk

Get VNC Server for Macintosh from http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/vnc/