"Error creating local image of screen"

Fred Locklear zamboni "at" mediaone.net
Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:44:27 +0000

I have recently installed a GeForce 3 reference card in my computer, and
when trying to use the Windoze version of the VNCviewer in 32bit color
desktop I will get a blank VNC window and the message "Error creating local
image of screen".  Previously using a Voodoo 5 5000 video card I did not get
this error.  The VNCviewer will work fine in 16 bit desktop.  VNCviewer will
also work fine if I open it up in 16bit and then change it to 32 bit.  But I
cannot open the VNCviewer in 32 bit.

Anyone have ideas what the cause may be, and maybe a solution?

Thanks,
Fred