Vnc not connecting to server

Jannik Tonsberg jannik.tonsberg "at" mobilix.dk
Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:01:40 +0000

Is it possible to ping the server from the client...?
It sounds like you have routeing or a firewall problem.

Go' to the server a install a viewer. Just to be sure that the server works,
connect to it with:
- vncviewer <hostname>:<port>

If it is possible to make local connection, it is something with the
connection.

Have fun,
Jannik

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Akin [mailto:brianwakin "at" yahoo.com]
Sent: 1. juni 2001 00:10
To: Vnc Mailing List
Subject: Vnc not connecting to server

I just downloaded the latest version of Vnc and can't
get it to work.  I am running windows 98, and I have
tried to enter both my computer name and my computers
IP address in the viewer, but both methods give me
this error message: "Failed to connect to server".  I
do have a firewall, but I disabled it so I could make
sure it wasn't causing the problem.  I have also
messed around with the settings in control pannel, but
nothing I do seems to work.  Any suggestions would be
helpful.  Thanks, Brian