disabled background????

Const Kaplinsky const "at" ce.cctpu.edu.ru
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 17:57:45 +0000

Hello,

NB> Hello, I've upgraded to TightVNC 1.2 just a few minutes ago, and
NB> now the background on the server machines is disabled while I'm
NB> connected. Is there any option (registry setting) to disable that
NB> *feature*?

NB> While it's a nice security and speed-gain feature, it took me
NB> *hours* to find the background pictures for my machines, and I
NB> would like to see them
NB> ;-)

Oh, currently, there are two variations of code to disable wallpaper
in TightVNC: one from the standard VNC 3.3.3r9, an another introduced
earlier in TridiaVNC (from Jeremy Peaks?). I'm not familiar with these
pieces of code and their usage, but as far as I understand, you can
control this feature using either DisableWallpaper or RemoveWallpaper
registry setting.

--
With Best Wishes,
Constantin