Server Names or IPs

Gregory Bruce gbruce "at" qwest.com
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 01:11:16 +0000

I am very sorry if the answer to this question is a part of the archives
somewhere. I have looked and can't find. I also apologize in advance for
what may be an obvious answer to most of you.
We are starting to load VNC on WINNT servers.  They are located all over
the state.  Our goal is to RAS into them and load VNC remotely. Our
problem is that, even if we load VNC locally, we have to enter the IP
address instead of the server name to log in at 'VNC Server:'.  This
will become a problem when we go a step farther to the individual
workstations because they are dynamic and the IP could change.  Where do
I tell VNC in the server to accept the computer name?  It works at one
site but we can't see any difference in what was done to configure it.
What are we missing? Thanks.  So far, VNC is great!
Greg

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of gbruce.vcf]