VNC Password Auto-Entry Mac68K

Tim Senecal tsenecal "at"
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 17:27:48 +0000

I have a version of VNC viewer (my own code) that I know runs on OSes as
old as 7.6.1.   If you find that it has bugs on 7.5.x, let me know, I will
try to fix them for you.

you can find it at:

it does require open transport.

it does create "session" files which contain passwords.

it is rather rough around the edges though, try it and see if it works for

At 03:26 PM 8/30/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>>Unfortunately, VNCthing requires OS8.1
>>I'm using Mac OS7.5.5  Not sure if this is the latest the
>>powerbook will run, but it is the latest I could find for free.
>>Guess I should have mentioned that I'm looking for a free
>>solution.  VNC is free, shouldn't have to pay for a way to
>>start it.
>You might be able to find an old copy of MacVNC (the precursor to
>VNCThing) on that site, which might support 68K machines on older
>OS's.  Unfortunately, I know of no other semi-stable VNC clients for
>the Mac.  Pity, really...
>Maybe someone could do a backport of VNCThing to the Classic API,
>allowing it to be compiled for an OS 7.5.x-compatible and
>68K-compatible target.
>from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
>mail:     chromi "at"  (not for attachments)
>geekcode: GCS$/E dpu(!) s:- a20 C+++ UL++ P L+++ E W+ N- o? K? w--- O-- M++$
>           V? PS PE- Y+ PGP++ t- 5- X- R !tv b++ DI+++ D G e+ h+ r++ y+(*)
>tagline:  The key to knowledge is not to rely on people to teach you it.
>To unsubscribe, send a message with the line: unsubscribe vnc-list
>to majordomo "at"
>See also:
to majordomo "at"
See also: