Screen capture

Rasmus Emil Møller AER "at"
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 09:06:50 +0000

Mr. Tanaka has written just such a tool in Java (qoute from his website):

"ScreenServer is a simple WWW server. The unique function is that when the
server is accessed by a client (WWW browser such as netscape navigator and
internet explorer), it captures the server's screen and sends the screen
image to the client as a jpeg file. So, the client can monitor the server's
screen remotely.
Since ScreenSever uses native method to capture screen, currently it runs
only on Windows95/NT. "

You can get it from his homepage (source included):

Hope it's on target

Rasmus Mxller
IT Systemprogrammering

Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:16:31 -0400
From: "Ernie Oporto" <Ernie.Oporto "at">
Subject: Screen capture

I'm interested in whether anyone knows of a Win32 app that connects to
machines running VNCserver and captures an image of the screen to save to a

My main interest is taking images of screens on a Win2k server farm and
putting them where they can be accessed by a web server.  I've been asked
allow users to directly connect to the vncservers on those machines so they
can check on the status of running jobs, but I know they'll all be
perpetually connected and possibly playing with the setup of the machines.

Alternately, if someone knows of a screencap tool that can run at a
commandline, I could just use the Task Scheduler to get the pic every 5

- --
Ernest A. Oporto, Systems Administrator
to majordomo "at"
See also: