VNC Password Auto-Entry Mac68k???

Michael R Goodwin spamme0 "at"
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 01:51:26 +0000

VNC Password Auto-Entry Mac68k???

I'm using a Macintosh 68K Powerbook 540
with touch panel as a front end for my
home automation network.

Problem is the password.  I have no keyboard
to enter the password.  Is there a way to make the
Macintosh 68K version of VNC start without entering
a password?

I'm using WinVNC 3.3.3R7 as the server.

VNC viewer V3.3.3R2 for the PC allows me to enter the passord
via command line reference to a configuration file.

VNC viewer V3.3.3b2 for the Macintosh 68K platform does
not seem to have that option.

I'm on a totally insecure Win98 P-P home network.  I could either
eliminate the password altogether or make the Mac do it
without user intervention.

I tried to record an apple script, but it doesn't record
the part about entering the address and password.
I know very little about the Mac.  If this is something that
can be done with Apple Script, I'd need a little hand-holding.

Thanks for your help.
to majordomo "at"
See also: