Screen capture

Ernie Oporto Ernie.Oporto "at" viragelogic.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 21:20:29 +0000

I'm interested in whether anyone knows of a Win32 app that connects to
machines running VNCserver and captures an image of the screen to save to a
file.

My main interest is taking images of screens on a Win2k server farm and
putting them where they can be accessed by a web server.  I've been asked to
allow users to directly connect to the vncservers on those machines so they
can check on the status of running jobs, but I know they'll all be
perpetually connected and possibly playing with the setup of the machines.

Alternately, if someone knows of a screencap tool that can run at a
commandline, I could just use the Task Scheduler to get the pic every 5
minutes.

--
Ernest A. Oporto, Systems Administrator
Virage Logic Corporation

[demime 0.97b removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of Ernie Oporto.vcf]