vnc-list-digest V1 #1252

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:40:11 +0000

Yes, set the default password. You are currently setting the user
configuration not the default. found by clicking start -> programs -> vnc ->
administrative tools -> show default settings.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Hunt, Keith
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 8:33 AM
To: 'vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com'
Subject: RE: vnc-list-digest V1 #1252

I did up an install of WinVNC to run during the install of some other
software we are using on Win95 and 98 PCs. I edit the registry entries to
provide them with the default settings we want them to have, including a
password, and setting it up as a service so it's always running at startup.
Problem is, every time they boot up, the properties dialog box is being
displayed on the screen for some reason. It works fine on the 4 PCs that I
tested it on.
Any suggestions on how to prevent the properties box from coming up?
Thanks,
Keith.