VNC Server for Windows NT Embedded (NTE)

Wolfgang Lins wolfgang.lins "at"
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:30:38 +0000

I've kompiled a KDF for WinVNC under WindowsNT Embedded.

See the KDF and the repository under

I first have been using NTE's "Graphical remote administration" to connect to a
headless NTE machine and have a GUI. This basically is a componentized version of
Netmeeting's Remote Desktop Sharing (RDS). It works fine in the standard NTE.

Then I switched to the SP6 versions of the NT files, and RDS stopped service
(MNMSRVC.EXE - Application Error). I tried to find out how Netmeeting's RDS works on
top of a standard NT 4 SP6, and implemented this on a NTE SP6, same result.

So I decided to quit using RDS and switched to good old VNC.
I have not tested the above KDF extensively, but it seems to work.

Comments / bug reports are welcome.

   Mag. Wolfgang Lins   eMail: wolfgang.lins "at"
   PDTS - Prozessdatentechnik und Systeme
   Gesellschaft fuer industrielle Datenverarbeitung Ges.m.b.H
   A-1150 Wien, Moeringgasse 20
   Tel.:  +43 (1) 526 17 57-239  Fax.: -199
to majordomo "at"
See also: