Xvnc -inetd, KDE 2.2... SOLVED!!!!!!

Norberto Bensa nbensa "at" yahoo.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 07:08:06 +0000

Hello,

First, a BIG thanks to everyone who has take the time to read my posts, and
answer them...
Second, I've been able (big thanks to kde-linux mailing list)  to setup Xvnc
with -inetd using xinetd, and KDE 2.2 as my WindowManager. Here the steps.

Here we go:

1.    Setup xinetd vnc service.
#/etc/xinetd.d/vnc
service vnc
{
    disable    =     no
    socket_type    =     stream
    protocol    =     tcp
    port    =     5950
    user    =     nobody
    wait    =     no
    server    =    /usr/bin/Xvnc
    server_args    =    -inetd -query localhost -once -geometry
1024x768 -depth 16
}

2.    Modify /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess, add your hostname at the end, or put *.

3.    Modify /usr/share/config/kdm/kdmrc, there is a section:
[Xdmcp]
Enable=disable

change disable to enable

4. kill kdm, start xinetd, start vncviewer, enjoy ;-)

BTW, this is AWESOME!!!!

Regards,
Norberto