Getting VNCserver to start as display 0 on linux

Alan Conboy alanc "at" spectralogic.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:32:22 +0000

I am trying to find a way to make vncserver start as display 0 on a linux
machine (display the default KDE login prompt) Does anyone know how to do
this? I am also having trouble getting vncserver to start via the standard
rc script. it starts and dies immediately. I can, however start it manually.
Thanks for any input

Alan Conboy
Product Support Advisory Engineer
Spectralogic
303-449-6400 x1552

"FOOT-AND-MOUTH BELIEVED TO BE FIRST VIRUS
UNABLE TO SPREAD THROUGH MICROSOFT OUTLOOK -
Researchers Shocked to Finally Find Virus That Email App Doesn't Like"