a little off-topic: I need info about inetd

Barn Owl barnowl "at" uronramp.net
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:35:21 +0000

I guess I will need to add xinetd to my little FAG/mini-howto for inetd.
You can use -inetd in teh Xinetd. in some ways teh configuration is a
little longer but easier in teh long run most likly.This should work for
a basic xinetd set up.:

/etc/services
vnc   5950/tcp                        # VNC

You will need to add this to either /etc/xinetd.d/ or /etc/xinetd.d/vnc.
( I am not sure if xinetd.d is a dir. or a file)

service vnc
{
        socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = nobody
        server                  = /usr/bin/Xvnc
        server_args             = Xvnc -inetd -query gary -once
 }

Thsi should get you up and running. I have not had a chance to work aon
a new RH box. So I have not directly worked with xinetd

Evan