Forks? (was Re: Tight VNC)

Mon, 27 Aug 2001 05:01:49 +0000

I second that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan A. Pendleton [mailto:bp "at" geekdom.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2001 11:30 PM
To: ATT Email List
Subject: Re: Forks? (was Re: Tight VNC)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, W. Brian Blevins wrote:

> We have the Tight 1.2.0 patches from Constantin and will be
> integrating those into TridiaVNC.
> [...]
> Then there is the whole RFB 4.0 and 5.0 work that is going
> on.  I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever see source code
> or documentation on that work.  Again, any comments from
> AT&T would be much appreciated.

While we're talking about release maintainers needing to comment - I have
repeatedly asked Tridia officials for more information about the upcoming
Tridia VNCPro product, both because it advertises a security layer
(something some of us are working on independently, and would like to see
your spec for to be able to build a compatible product), and because it
will be a closed-source product, which seems at odds with your company's
current participation in the development of VNC. Can we get any comments
from Tridia on _that_ subject?

--
Bryan Pendleton
ICQ #2680952