password protected screensaver causes "connection closed by peer"

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc "at" dOink.COM
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 13:02:03 +0000

I'm running VNC server 3.3.3r9 on a Win2K machine, and running
VNC viewer 3.3.3 on a Sun Ultra 10 with Solaris 8 (aka SunOS 5.8).

When I password protect my Win2K screensaver, then VNC viewer on
the Sun complains of "connection closes by peer" when I "wake up"
the PC from it's screensaver "nap".  Running the Win2K
screensaver without password protection works fine.

Any ideas for a workaround?  I sure don't like leaving my PC
unprotected.

Thanks....