VNC Commander

Robert Davis sniper_lt "at" hotmail.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 21:39:20 +0000

Tony or Lee I downloaded and installed VNC commander on my Windows network
workstation. I am using Win98 to access a Win2000 server and the other win98
workstations here in my class room. Every time I try to connect to ANY vnc
machine on the network I get "Failed to connect to server/host" But when I
try to connect to the same machine using the standard VNCVIEWER it comes
right up. I normally yes the machines netbios name with vncviewer to connect
to is. So I do not have to remember 28 ip addresses. I use something like
this "netboisname:5903" if that is the machine with vnc server display
number 03. I tried using vnc commander with  both the netbios name and the
ip address for the one machines whose ip address never changes ( my win2000
server ) and still got "Failed to connect to server/host" but as I said
vncviewer works fine. Do you know what the problem could be?

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:07:21 -0400
From: Lee Douglas <LeeDouglas "at" pellis.com>
Subject: RE: vnc password and nt (windows)

Hi Lana,

You may want to investigate VNC Commander - which is freeware and works
very nicely in Windows. A copy of his earlier post is pasted below. This
makes VNC look and act a good bit more like pcAnywhere.

Lee

Hi all,
VNC Commander can be downloaded from my website at the following address:
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com/downloads/VNCCommander.EXE
The latest and greatest version will always be available via this link.
You can see the version/build number in the about box.
It's a freeware license, so go ahead and use it as much as you want.

Tony Caduto