Unable to set/save VNC properties

Michael Fonte mikef "at" sensor.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:11:18 +0000

Sorry to send this again but I need to get this fixed.

Some additional information.  The problem is restricted to the right column
('Poll Console Windows Only' or 'Poll On Event Received Only').  When either
'Poll Foreground Window' and/or 'Poll Window Under Cursor' are selected
(which activate the right column options) it does not mater what which boxes
you click on the right, if you hit ok and then re-open the properties 'Poll
Console Windows Only' is selected regardless of what you wanted.

The registry keys OnlyPollConsole and OnlyPollOnEvent get set properly, they
are just ignored.

Thanks,

Michael

----

I looked through the manuals and mail archive but did not see this problem
reported.  Since it is a rather annoying problem I would have expected
someone to report it.  This leads me to believe it is something local to our
setup.  Either way I open to suggestions on how to fix this.

I am running VNC 3.3.3 r2 (more recent releases interfere with one of our
critical programs so we can't use it)
Win NT, service pack 5 (or 6)
Login administrator or user

The problem is I can't get changes to the VNC properties to 'stick' nor can
I change the defaults.  I even tried editing the registry settings directly.
This did not work.

The WinVNC app always comes up with the same property settings (the ones
that were selected on installation).  I can change them but when I close the
properties window it defaults back to what they were before (even for the
current session).  I have to leave the properties window up for my changes
to take effect.  I have tried using the VNC->Administrative Tools->Show
Default Settings panel to change them as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael