Resetting Xvnc using xdm

davidwestbury@netscape.net davidwestbury "at" netscape.net
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 21:25:52 +0000

Oh wow Evan! Nice suggestion! This does exactly what I want. It starts
a fresh Xvnc each time I connect just like you said. Trouble is, things
don't look the same now. Seems to be a font issue. Xterms for example have
strange horizontal character spacing. Double spacing for each character I type for example. I see a -fp switch for Xvnc but I don't know how to use it. I've tried every font path specification I see on my system but Xvnc crashes no matter what directory I specify. I've also inspected the vncserver script that I was using before trying your suggestion. I don't see any font specification there at all but somehow it seems to work correctly. Guess I'll keep trying. I've been at it all day now.

Your suggestion of a mini howto is excellent. I hope I see it.

thanks again, Evan