building VNC for Itanium

didier dgautheron "at" magic.fr
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 19:14:40 +0000

Jeff Boerio wrote:

> >> I'm trying to build VNC for the Itanium (Linux/64) platform.  I doubt there
> >> are too many Itanium machines floating around out there, so I'm probably in
> >> unchartered waters.  But people with 64-bit experience may be able to offer
> >> me some help here.
> >>
> >> I wound up downloading the XFree86 4.x sources today and compared how they
> >> got it to build versus what already exists with the Tridia VNC 1.4 code
> >> I've been working with.
> >Does XFree86 4.1.0 run on i64? I have a working (sort of, no cut &
> >paste) vnc with XFree86 4.
> >
> >Didier
>
> Well, I suppose I could try building that first, but they claim it does.

Ok
http://didier.gautheron.free.fr/vnc_unix4.tgz it's big but it's stupid,
ie the patch against vnc is just a couple of lines.

in Xvnc/config/cf  2 new def : xvnc.def build a 'classic' Xvnc server,
vncdrv.def build a XFree86 driver but it doesn't work :(.

So if you have a working Xvfb 4.1 it may be easier.

Didier