Forks? (was Re: Tight VNC)

Illtud Daniel illtud.daniel "at"
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 17:45:08 +0000

Freddy Jensen wrote:

> I have been following some of the email exchange
> reg. TightVNC, and I am curious about whether it
> will eventually be incorporated into the main
> codebase that is maintained at att?

Me too! Seems to me that what with Tridia/Tight/AT&T versions
all forking off in different directions (somebody correct me
if I'm wrong & there's plans to merge diffs or patches) that
there's an overall loss to the user community as a whole. One
of the problems (I guess) is that what would traditionally be
compile-time options (under *ix) don't really work so well
when so many of the platforms VNC is available for aren't
platforms where people are used to compiling stuff <cough>
doze<cough> and so the project forks rather than grows. Pity.

Is it possible to pull it all together again?

Illtud Daniel                                 illtud.daniel "at"
Uwch Ddadansoddwr Systemau                       Senior Systems Analyst
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru                  National Library of Wales
Yn siarad drosof fy hun, nid LlGC   -  Speaking personally, not for NLW
to majordomo "at"
See also: