black screen problem connecting to w98 machine

Steve Palocz spalocz "at" tgtsolutions.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:30:02 +0000

Hey Zoran,
The vid driver is where I experienced this problem, the only other driver
would be the network driver (but I hadn't heard it causing the black screen
problem).

Good luck.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
[mailto:owner-vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com]On Behalf Of Zoran Pantic
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 5:21 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: black screen problem connecting to w98 machine

Steve, thanx for your suggestion. The color depth is 16 bit, and I also
tried
all other combinations that video card would allow. So it is only the driver
that is in question now. But the machine is pretty new (month or two) and
the
driver came with it on CD, so I suppose that it is new. But if not so,
should
I go out on the Internet and search for a better driver? What if I don't
find
any? That would mean bye bye VNC? Or should I try some other available
drivers, such as windows built in driver? But in that case I am affraid that
it would cause problems to other programms...

Thanx and regards,

                               Zoran