Bug with 3r7? Shift keys.

Namey Solforge mhenry "at" stormnet.com
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 04:28:00 +0000

Hiya.  Newbie.  Not sure if this is known or not:

Been using WinVNC (and x2vnc) on my computers for a while now.  I recently
got a Win2K machine, and proceeded to stick 3.3.3r9 on it.  Then I started
noticing problems with the "personality" of the shift keys.  Left shift
would do nothing in conjunction with other keys (although shift click
worked); right shift would enable a permanent shift lock, which could only
be remedied by pressing right shift on the physical keyboard (on the WinVNC
side).  At first I thought this was due to something in Win2K (this is MS,
after all ;), but another Win2K machine was running it without the strange
behavoir.  Comparing version numbers, I downgraded my new machine to
3.3.3r7...low and behold, the shift keys worked again.

Seems like something erroneous changed from r7 to r9 with sending the
keypresses to the sever end with 3r9 for Windows.  Not sure if it only
affects Win2K, or all Windows...

---
"You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it
should, use WD-40.  If it moves and shouldn't, use the tape."