How to start WinVNC remotely?

Hannes Har hanneshar "at" gmx.net
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:18:55 +0000

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your help. I've did all steps until "remotely start the service  (SRVMGR oder Resource Kit  SC.EXE)". Neither
SRVMGR nor SC is running on my system. Instead, when I used "net start winvnc" the error message appeared:

>Systemfehler 5 aufgetreten.
>
>Zugriff verweigert

It is a german Win2000, probably the translation would be "systemerror 5 occured - access denied". Any ideas how to fix this
now?

So I fear I can`t fix it until I physically in front of the PC. Is there no other way to start winvnc as an application and directing it to
the normal GUI from a telnet session?

:-) Hannes