TightVNC vs regular VNC

David Brodbeck DavidB "at" mail.interclean.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:05:50 +0000

Don't know if this helps you any, but if you use the "save configuration
file" option in the VNC viewer menu, the encoding is saved there, along with
the connection details.  You can use the /config switch (in the Windows
version, anyway) to use this file.  I use this mostly for making shortcuts
for specific machines.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Tertling [mailto:tertling "at" web.de]
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2001 4:00 AM
To: vnc-list "at" uk.research.att.com
Subject: Re: TightVNC vs regular VNC

I'd like to have "RAW" encoding set as default as I am using VNC
(TightVNC in particular as I wanted to test modem performance) on my
fast ethernet lan most of the time. And I'm tired of selecting "RAW"
manually :)
So is there a way (via registry key for example) to set "RAW" as
default?

Thanks in advance for your help!