VNC as a KVM switch

Zalman Margareten zmargareten "at" CJH.org
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:58:19 +0000

I noticed my self utilizing VNC very often recently instead of my KVM
switch. I'm setting up another server room now and am seriously thinking of
substituting with VNC and doing w/o a KVM altogether.
Especially with VNC Commander where I can see more then one machine at a
time.
The only problem is when configuring the IP addresses when I will obviously
not have any access. Any ideas on possibility to get around that? Some thing
like accessing directly to a MAC address!
Also does anyone have any experience with dual monitor support in VNC ? I
know there is some contribution out there that supports it.

Thanks