VNC on X - using -shared option

Scott Jackson scott_c_jackson "at"
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:39:41 +0000

Greetings all,

I'm in need of some assistance getting the -shared option to work.  I've got
vncserver running on one client Sun workstation.  Then, from another, I
attempt to run vncviewer -shared <clientname>:1

An X window appears, and a single terminal window.  However, it's not the
standard CDE windows system, NOR is it a shared display.

I've got plenty of experience with VNC on the Windows side, but getting it
to run on UNIX seems ALOT trickier. :)

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

to majordomo "at"
See also: