Redhat 7.1 VNC and VMWARE and X.

A. John Peters ajpeters "at" otg-systems.com
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:24:49 +0000

I loaded the latest version of VNC from AT&T and my newly install Redhat
7.1 machine.  Every thing appeared to run fine except when I started VMWARE
with an NT server.  When I powered the NT server on, I got several x
messages and the VMWARE NT screen turned black.  Now I cannot use the
window or release the cursor.

1.  Does someone have documentation on the best way to setup and connect to
a Redhat 7.1 server running vmware.
2.  I tried sending a cnt-alt-esc and a cntl-down cntl-down esc sequence
and I didn't free the cursor.
3.  I have connected to the session through netscape and a view.  In the
viewer I see a . and in netscape I have an arrow.  I assume this the the
difference between a java app and a native viewer.
4.  do I have to upgrade my X or get a different version to make this work?

A. John Peters