vncviewer shortcut locked X windows

Reuben D Budiardja reubendb "at"
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:02:36 +0000

I'm using vnc in many different platform. Since I work mostly on linux
(RedHat 7.1, fvwm as X window manager), I oftern use vncviewer to connect to
some windows machine.

The problem is, when I create a shortcut for the vncviewer with the machine
name and display, the shortcut locked the whole X windows, and I can't even
switch to another virtual console (using ctrl+alt+F*). I have to go to
another machine, ssh, and kill it from there.

My guess is that it's waiting for input password. Now, how do I handle that?
I can't use the option -passwrd since the filesystem is not in mine.

Thanks for any help.
Reuben D. Budiardja
to majordomo "at"
See also: