Number of Colours?

Kevin-John Beasley beasley "at" bigpond.net.au
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 13:43:37 +0000

When I connect to my VNC server running Win ME I get the connection, supply
the password and the screen comes up but it is all black. If I double click
in the top left of the screen I do get My Computer opened on the server but
I can't see anything on my client PC. If I set the display coloures on the
server back to 256 it works fine. Is this some maximum that VNC can handle
or is my network too slow or could it be a video card driver probelm. I'm
not too sure but I want to get VNC to work with 16-bit colour if I can (at
least when I am connected by a 10 MB/sec link or directly plugged into my
100 MB/sec network).