local cursor with tightvnc

Const Kaplinsky const "at" ce.cctpu.edu.ru
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 19:06:35 +0000

TAJ> Am I correct in thinking that all that's necessary to run
TAJ> tightvnc with local cursor enabled is to run:

TAJ> 	vncviewer -enc "richcursor copyrect"

TAJ> or do I need to specify "tight" as one of the encodings, as well?

No, you do not need to specify anything special in the vncviewer
command line. Local cursor would be enabled automatically if both
sides understand that. To _disable_ local cursor, use -nocursorshape
option.

XCursor and RichCursor do not act as true encodings, so their names do
not make sense in the -encoding option list.

--
With Best Wishes,
Constantin